The Photographic Unit was originally set up in 1955 within the National Monuments Section, then part of the Office of Public Works.
The Unit has built upon its collection of photographs over the years and this archive is now approaching 550,000 images. This collection comprises mainly photographs of National Monuments and Historic Properties and some of National Parks.
The Photographic Unit’s main function is to record conservation works at national monuments, provide photographs for Departmental publications, exhibitions and audio visuals and maintain its collection of photographs of sites and monuments.
To contact the Photographic Unit please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and put "Photographic Unit" in the subject line.